- There are eight whisky distilleries on Islay. Those with websites are
Also worth visiting is the
Isle of Jura
- Ron Steenvoorden runs the astoundingly comprehensive
Islay Info website,
which is recommended reading for any visitor to Islay.
- An excellent source of information about Islay is the website for the local newspaper,
The Ileach, which is regularly updated.
- Jeremy Hastings runs
and his website features an
of birds that can be found there, along with the
latest birding news.
- Islay on Foot offers guided hill walks on the
spectacular Inner Hebridean islands of Islay and Jura. Half day and full day walks are available anywhere on the
islands and to suit all levels of fitness and experience.
- Mark Unsworth runs
which offers a range of photography services including weddings, creative landscape, commercial & PR and a picture framing service.
- Brian Palmer runs The Washing Machine Post website,
dedicated to cycling on Islay, Robert Millar and the arcane musings of Dave T.
Website design by Islay IT Services.